Monday, April 25, 2016

Who is the enemy?

First I would like to point out I'm not a romance novel fan just like Mat. As I was struggling through this romance novel, I did find it interesting though that the main character wasn't Elizabeth. It took me a moment to realize that the enemy was queen Elizabeth herself and she was kinda like the enemy to the main character who also was in love with Robert Dudley. I thought it was a really good twist in that the woman who was the main character in the story was really close with Elizabeth, she was picking out her wigs and stuff but she was also sleeping with Robert, the queens lover. I find it hard to believe that this woman and Robert were married and she put up with Robert flirting with the queen right in front of her, like come on now, I'm not sure if I totally understood that part nut geez lady your man is getting too crazy.

1 comment:

  1. I also thought it was cool that they portrayed the queen as the enemy. It provided an interested take on the Elizabethan era.

    ReplyDelete