Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Queen Elizabeth

As a young girl I always dressed up like a princess and dreamed of becoming one. I think most little girls play dress up, and want to be a princess. Unlike Elizabeth who became a real queen, we did not dress anything alike. She had to wear dresses that made her arms look bigger than her body. She never aged in the photographs. She was a girl who was well liked and got a lot done. At the age 13 she looked like she already had so much power and her years of being in royalty had just started. None of us of today could say that was us when we were young. I barely knew what power was. They only person who told me what to do were my parents. Those are the two people who had power over me. Guess you could look at it as king and queen and I was their little princess, who had two other sisters. To grow up and not actually be able to live life the way you and I have, I couldn't imagine. Having so much responsibility and power held by one person. Having someone tell you who you should married and how it should be done seems different and not something I would like. Wearing fancy dresses and going to fancy parties, just to put on an act, fun but not so much.

In the movie Elizabeth showed to be a happy girl who got to experience a little of life, unlike her sister Mary. She was in the field skipping around with her friends, while Mary is unhappy with her life, she went from having everything to nothing when becoming queen. She had to grow up and Practice her speech over and over again, like we do sports or other things we want to be good at. Elizabeth gains power, the minute she speaks the crowd stops talking, although she isn't doing well because the crowd isn't happy. She goes from a happy girl to not so confident when she is on the thrown talking to the crowd. Somehow though she gets better and becomes a very good queen.


1 comment:

  1. You're right! This post made me think about the times when the X-Games are on and I see a 10 year old kid doing crazy tricks and then I feel so unaccomplished. I also liked how you acknowledged that she wasn't a perfect queen but over time she gained skills. When she was first queen, she was a bit immature, but after time she got better at leading. - Alex Graham

    ReplyDelete