Tuesday, April 26, 2016

the queen who?

So clearly the queen is one catty woman. I am surprised really that she... THE queen... didnt just off lettice and take her man. like... if you are all powerful and yada... just take the dude... I feel like why so many people are attracted to her and not just her (like everyone we looked at) is because of reputation. Like these people clearly have to keep it in line or else.

I feel like these avatars are defined car wrecks before we have had the idea of a car. Like when you pass by an accident you are really curious to see whats going on even if its really gruesome. People tend to have an underlining morbid curiosity and these authors use that to draw you in. Like ya that was totally a horrible accident but hey that person could have been "opposite of general and common understanding".

I am probably not making sense but that is fine. The semester is almost over

I just didn't much like the queen that much. Like I have seen things in my profession and not even that could shut me off and tear me from humanity. how could you live as a statue and as a queen allow some girl punk you (given behavior of that time period). Romaine lettuce should have "had her head snapped" -CJ

I feel like James Cameron got his idea of the terminator from the queen. Straight robot, cold steel, just hellbent on ruling, and being purely mechanical. All we see is sass from her. Really???...  just smile!

Rise of the queen / #femaledog

End rant

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. You're not making a lot of sense. The parts I did understand - I agree with. This story showed Queen E in a way that was extremely childish, petty, and...kind of a b*tch...

    We talked about this in class for a bit. About why people would write about Queen E in such a way. The go-to answer is always that the writer is trying to make that person more relatable, while normally, I'd think that a superficial answer, in this instance, I totally think it's correct. Elizabeth was too powerful and consistently shown in a positive light, I mean she's a queen for crying out loud! It's a lot easier to relate to someone of such great stature when you knock them down a few pegs by telling a story of them in a bad light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Queenie kept Lettice alive in order to torment her. The game was fun for the Queen I imagine. But seriously, If I were queen and I had competition that I knew was sleeping with the man I wanted... that chick would be pushing daisies.

    ReplyDelete