Thursday, February 25, 2016

Way back when, I had a MySpace page. It was awesome...

    Way back when, I had a MySpace page.  It was awesome...
    This relic is a Myspace profile I stole from the web.

    Customizable background settings and a music loop, sweeeeeeeet.  Until it got tired, which was fast.  I was quickly over the angsty music and the "Top 8," and then I was told of something all the cool college kids were doing in 2008... Facebook.
    It was so damn hard to choose!!

    What in the name of all that is delicious is Facebook?  Believe it or not, it was hard for me to jump ship from Myspace to Facebook, I mean... I was friends with The Creator.  Seriously we all were.  Tom was our friend.
    Hey Tom...


    I use Facebook on a regular basis.  It's almost second nature to share stuff.  Well...getting close to first nature.  I'm actually the Social Media Director for Blazer Radio, so I guess it's like my job too.

    I use Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest... but I will not Sanpchat.  I loathe Snapchat.  I abhor Snapchat.  Actually, I've never used it.  Ever.  I don't understand it.  A capacity to text and send pictures but the messages expire?
    Well crap, I liked my phone... throw it, throw it now!!!


    Guessssss I'll be needing a new phone... yeah, no...

    Hey dumbasses, it's called a screenshot... none of your little messages will disappear if we don't want them to.  That makes them forever.  So I don't trust Snapchat, nbd.  I do like Instagram, I'm a bit of a photo fiend.  Twitter... meh.  I use it, but I'm no slave to my Twitter feed.  I guess I find the term "tweeting" a touch demeaning.

    The cool thing about social media is that despite its highly interactiveness... and personalization capacity; it is an area for our brains to upload and download news.  We choose the stories we digest and redistribute.  Sometimes we rant and other times we seek info.  It's pretty awesome considering when I was a kid we had nightly news and newspapers and... well I guess radio.  We have more access in our phones than I had in most of my youth combined.  That's pretty elfin cool if I do say so myself.

    The other cool thing about these sites of mediation is that everyone owns the capacity to generate news.  Like this Blogger site we're using... look at us, we're media creators.  Everyone can share their own perspective, their own understanding.  Gone are the days that we had our news force fed like medicine with no spoon full of sugar. 

    Oh hey Mary...



    She's really a nice lady, I promise.  So get out there and real Will Shakespeare's Twitter feed or follow whatever musical muse has garnered your attention on Instagram... it's only stalking if you label it.  The media is here to mediate between us an the real world, so let's do it!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment