Wednesday, February 24, 2016

My Media View

        After looking at all the various forms of media that was listed on the Wikipedia page and Mr. Angello’s lecture has really expanded my view on the aspect of the different types of medias that we encounter every day. I personally am the type of person that gravitates to the aspect of sound, visual,film, and social medias. Prior to this I have never thought about this aspect; however, when I look back think of all the past books I have read. For example, in high school I had to read “A Tale of Two Cities”, when I first stated reading the novel, it was so hard for me to understand who was saying what, and the tune that the characters were trying to portray.


         Since I had a hard time understanding the novel, I did not enjoy the novel at all. After a couple of days of reading it my teacher suggested to me that I should look for a recording of the book. This was very helpful in many ways. By having the audio version and the hard copy of the book I was able to follow along and understand the book a lot better. With using this from of media did not only help me understand “A Tale of Two Cities”, I also started to enjoy the novel! 

               
         That being said I am also the type of person that I tends to lean more to films and visuals to grasp a better understanding.  One thing I tend to do is if I read a book and then see the movie. I know there is usually a big difference, and the movies tends to ruin your figment of imagination of what you had of the characters of the book. However, I personally enjoy it seeing how others portrayed the movie and to see a different aspect. This goes the same for social media. I'll admit it I am on my phone all the time checking every form of social media; therefore, when I can compare something in literature to a something on social media it makes me have a better understanding of things. For example, how Marie Antoinette lifestyle can be compared the life of Kim Kardashian. By comparing these two really made to have a better understand of how Marie Antoinette was. With all these different forms of medias in our everyday lives it has personally helped me gain a better understanding of what many authors are trying to represent through their work.



No comments:

Post a Comment